Monday, December 28, 2009

4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

i just heard on the radio that they're suing myspace because their UNDERAGE(big clue right there, why are they on myspace?), were sexually assaulted by people they met from myspace. to put it simply, it disgusts me. myspace cannot keep tabs on several million kids and their activities. isn't that the parent's job? the lawyers said they 'hope the lawsuits will spur myspace into action to prevent this from happening in the future'...what exactly do they expect myspace to do?



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

I agree with your statement - what were these children doing on myspace in the first case...



Parents, talk to your children about the potential dangers on the internet and teach them how to protect themselves!



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

Well, You can never control the birds from popping over your head, but u can def control the birds from building a nest on your head.



Those parants need to understand that they need to control their children, not anyone else.



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

Parents cannot shift their resposibilities onto the web site.



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

Myspace does not deserve this ridicule. It does a very good job of creating and implementing security measures. The problem is the parents. They just don't monitor their kids very well. The kids are at fault too. They are the ones that turned off Myspace's security measures. This suit is likely to be won by Myspace as the kids agreed to the terms by which they are allowed to have a Myspace. Its pretty sad seeing these ignorant parents trying to get money.



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

I don't think it's myspace's fault at all. First off, Myspace is for adults over 18. If teens create a page and their parents don't know about it, shame on them. There are MANY software products like "guardian" that monitor children's activities. I don't think that you need a myspace account to meet predators. Just having a program like yahoo messenger, aol chats, etc are breeding grounds for kids to meet online predators. If kids are not taught about privacy and security issues beforehand, they will inevitably end up giving out personal information about themselves on their pages. You can also set your myspace profile to private so that only your friends can view your page. It's that simple. Myspace can be a very secure place to be if kids know what to do.



In the long run, I feel it's naive or lazy parents that don't monitor their kid's online activity which leads to problems.



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

I don't understand why the kids wanted to meet strangers in the first place. I've heard it before, a girl goes to MdD's to meet someone she thinks is another teen. But it never crosses their mind that it could be some creepy old guy? And this isn't tiny kids. I remember having more sense at 14-15 but maybe I'm just not remembering right? The parents should have some responsibility and not let the computer and TV raise their kids in the first place.



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

i believe that the person that sexually assaulted that person will be charged and pay the penalty thats all that can be done.



suing the myspace will not prove any thing the crime is sexuall assault!



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

I agree - it's the parents' responsibility to know what the kids are doing.



However, Myspace CAN do a few things to prevent things like that from happening. For example, they could require credit card verification to ensure that its members are 18 or over. (No charge, just verification.) Myspace does NOT require its members to be over 18, though, only 14, so they could require a PARENT's credit card verification for those that are underage. That way, they can know that the parents are monitoring their kids' activities. There's nothing wrong with taking basic steps to protect not only kids, but their company as well.



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

This has become a nation of "not my fault". I can't be with my 13year old all day,but he has myself,his father or his stepparents to go to and one of us are always there. He has a Myspace but he is MONITORED. The computer is in the living room,so everything he says and does can be seen.The young people have the option of their profiles not being seen if they are underage.Other than that that's where Myspace's repsonsibility ends.They don't even have to do that.



I get so angry seeing things like that-am I going to sue McDonald's because I put on weight eating there before class? Do I not have the option of eating at the college cafe or brown bagging it?



Get a grip people! Be in your kids' lives,throw away the daggone computer if necessary.Besides,what does this teach the kids? If in doubt,sue the pants off em.



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

I agree with you. If people want their children to be safe then they have to take actions to keep them safe BEFORE something happens. My husband and I made a decision to cancel our children's my space accounts just because of all the horrible things that are happening. We also have our computer in our living room so we can see everything they are doing. The internet has been around long enough for these parents to know what is going on and that they need to monitor their children. I am getting tired of reading about all these kids that are becoming victims of internet predators when simply removing their computer from their room, setting passwords and monitoring would have prevented of a lot of these kids from being hurt. I'm not saying that it's a fool proof system (we all know how clever and sneaky teens can be when they want to do something that's forbidden) but I am sure it would help to prevent a lot of these things from happening.



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

agree



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

I agree. Parents need to be in charge of their kids. If there is a computer in the home, they need to be in control of it. If they are going to the library, they need to know why.



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

What can the web site do?I think parents should know what their kids are doing on the web and find out what they are doing with their friends.I wouldn't care how much the child complained about my wanting to be in their business because as long as I am responsible for them,they have no business.Kids should not be allowed to play both sides of the fence,they want to be a child when they want the parent to buy them something or take them some where but when the parent sets rules all of a sudden they are too old for this and too old for that.I say if you are out there doing grown up things like a grown up, then be grown and take care and support your self,if I have to care for you ,you will remain a child under my roof and I am about to tell 2 of my grand kids that this weekend, who I hear think they can smoke weed,not on my watch and I don't care if my daughter says nothing to them,I will and I bet you that crap will cease.



4 parents are suing myspace, what do you think about that?

That is true. Myspace has nothing to do with these kids concious decision to meet up with some freaky jason they met online. That whole situation falls back on the parents inability to control these situations and fully monitor what their children are doing, or just plain ignorance. Who knows, either way.....myspace is not the newage babysitter and is in no way at fault. If the parents can't control their children, why do they think myspace can and should?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++