Monday, December 28, 2009

MySpace...is it just me, or...?

Is it just me, or is MySpace completely pointless? I have a MySpace (unfortunately) after my friends cajoled me into making one up a little while ago. It's completely useless and I still don't get . If I want to talk to people, I call them on the phone. It seems that MySpace's main purpose is to post photos of yourself (all too often, skanky-ish ones taken for the sole purpose of "looking hot" for all the strangers that come on by) and then sit back and wait for the feedback to roll in. That, or to post some kind of questionnaire or poll for everyone to see, even though no one really cares about how many years you've known your BFF, or what you're wearing right now. :P



Maybe I am just a old 25 yo fogey, but I just don't get it.



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

You don't like it probably because you don't USE it.



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

No, I think it's pretty pointless and I am a teenager.



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

its more for the teen population.



waste of time for adults.



=P



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

O i agree. It is pointless. i got rid of mine. He he



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

Yes, it's just you.



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

it is kinda pointless but its a goodway if you like a band to talk to them.



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

I see your point



What I consider it to be is a central repository



I can email all my nephews, nieces, etc who do not live locally and without worrying about my cell phone minutes.



It's just another modern day communication tool, as I see it.



Watch out though if you try to sell something...all the scammers from Nigeria come out of the woodwork!!



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

i agree to an extent. it's getting kinda boring for me and I'm 23. It's designed more to appeal to teenagers. I'll be deleting it soon.



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

agreed



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

I know what you mean and alot of my friends think so too, but once you get into it it's great for keeping up with those friends who you don't see that often, have lost contact with or moved off OR **talking to someone who you can't talk face to face to, etc.: old boyfriends! lol Good luck!



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

I know, and I agree. Myspace is for peeps that have a TON of time on their hands, and don't mind wasting it on pointless stuff.



No, I'm not saying that Myspace is bad, It can be quite COOL, but if you don't have time for it, too bad.



If you don't feel the need to express yourself, then it is probably not for you.



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

Maybe you should try facebook. I know they are similar, but I think the idea of facebook is more "networking" than showing off and trying to get feedback. I know that I have CLOSE friends who I pick up the phone and call when I want, but I have other friends, some out of the country, who our main way of keeping in touch is via facebook. It's a useful tool if you don't misuse it.



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

i don't think anybody actually gets it.....its just ment to be a daily ego boost for some people



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

Myspace is whatever you make it....something private (if you put it on private) just for yours friends to keep in touch. I mean honestly, I dont want to always pick up the phone...sometimes I get annoyed with one hr conversations, id rather send a message...myspace is also a place to promote yourself as a musician, entertainer, whatever, its a way to connect...many bands have been discovered on myspace (panic at the disco, etc) It is what you want to make it.



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

I just use Myspace to keep in touch with everybody from my old school.....i am 14. I don't plan on posting personal stuff about me or anything.



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

so delete your myspace account. it's not for everyone, and yes i agree its mostly just skanky pics of people. but i use it to keep in touch with my family members overseas, wayyy cheaper than a long-distance phone call =)



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

Actually I find it quite useful to stay in contact with family and friends who live far away. Making phone calls can get expensive and using myspace is free. If I send an e-mail I have to weed through a bunch of junk mail before I get to them. I find its mostly the very younger generation that post photos and chain letters that are annoying. You just have to limit the amount of young people who have access to your myspace



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

No, you're quite correct.



The whole thing has no real point to it other than just as a bit of fun.



Take it in that context and it's fine.



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

I find myspace very useful keeping in contact with friends that do not live close to me anymore. I live in New York but grew up in California, so myspace is what I use to keep in contact with childhood friends. I also have friends in Toronto, Texas and even just other parts of NYS that I probably would not talk to otherwise.



I really like the invitation feature, so you can invite people to your parties/gatherings right online.



A lot of people use it as a dating site too. In comparison to other expensive dating sites, myspace is much more affordable and there is likely to be even more people on it.



MySpace...is it just me, or...?

i too have been pushed to join by friends. it is just a way to communicate. i dont like myspace b/c of the competition %26amp; arguments caused by it. myspace pretty much is pointless, but then again some ppl started their career on there. i know of a man who posted his own music on there and became famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++